Friday, March 6, 2009

Lightning fast week!

I cannot believe it is already Friday!

I can't even remember Monday, but Tuesday was spent flat on my back after throwing it out. yep, I threw my back out. Perfect timing, right!?! I innocently went to move/shove a Rubbermaid tote out of my way late on Monday night, and I felt my back go. I spent the next 24hrs in pain and not doing much at all.

Wednesday, feeling a bit better, I went to see the Oprah Show with a good friend, It was so good seeing her and catching up. Not sure when the show will air, but when I know, I will let you know!

Thursday was "APN Live" day at work (if you don't know what that is, check out my organizations website- sorry I can't be more clear, I am trying to stay anonymous)-- the movie was SOLD OUT at the theatre I went to and we were very very very happy it was. it was a long work day, 12 hours, and I felt like I might have strep throat- super sore throat, big lymph node, a bit of a fever, white tonsils....I woke up today feeling just as crappy. I am supposed to go see the god-kids one last time on Sunday before I head to the ATL, but may have to postpone if I am sick. I am tired today and crabby. Not a good combination to be productive.

I spent the better part of yesterday actually working, but spent my lunch hour calling and canceling (or ordering) Cable, Internet, newspaper, telephone, electricity, and changing my address.  while the relocation company has a service to help change everything over to the new place, the old stuff still requires you to call each thing and change it manually.

I have a tiny bit of excitement when I think about the new condo. Since I hadn't done any spring cleaning* at my old place for over 6 years, it will be nice to move and get rid of some things I don't need anymore.

My going away party extravaganza is next Friday, and I don't think I am ready for it yet. I have a party at work, and then a party with my Chicago friends/family that night. it will be an emotional and fun day, I am sure.

----

*this is the longest I have EVER lived in one place in my entire life. for many, many years of my life I moved every 12 months. that was my "spring cleaning"- getting rid of crap I didn't need each time I moved.

No comments:

Post a Comment