Wednesday, March 25, 2009

My Morning…

Good Morning everyone!

I woke up bight and early this morning –THE MOVERS ARE COMING! I will FINALLY be able to sleep on a REAL bed and not a blow up bed…

A bit off topic, but TBO LOOOOOOVES the blow up bed… he climbs on in with me (it is a twin) and snuggles up… then promptly gets out his claws and kneads the bed… Gah!

Anyway, I got everything picked up and out of the way (cat treats, tissue box, remote control) and the phone rings.

Not good to get a phone call at 10:45 when the movers are supposed to be here between 10-11, right?

Anyway, it was the driver (the guy that helped pack my house in Chicago) telling me the truck broke down outside of Kennesaw, GA, late last night and he had to tow it in to get it fixed. It was still not fixed, so he was going to have to try to get ANOTHER truck, move my stuff from the big truck to the small truck, then drive here. He hopes to be here by 3pm.

I feel bad for the driver, because it is not his fault the truck died, but I also feel bad for me- I am DONE sleeping on an air mattress!  :-)

It is now 1:43EST and I got a lot done today… including becoming an actual GA driver!

After I heard from the movers, I decided to put on some real clothes and head over to get my GA Drivers license.

I drove over to the place, breaking like 10 motor vehicle laws in the process (apropos, don’t you think?) :-)  It is located over by Turner Filed and Olympic Park, so it was a neat drive.

I got in line, got number F515, sat down and filled out the forms. It felt like forever, but I was called only about a 1/2 hour later. It was just like it is in Chicago – the workers were definitely DOT workers. I then got in line to pay and get my photo taken, then waited about 3 minutes for the license.

100_3189

If I relinquished my IL license, I did not have to take the GA State test. I gave my IL DL to the lady, but she gave it  back to me, no marks on it or anything.

Does this mean I have dual citizenship now?!? :-)

GA DL edited

For contrast, here is my IL DL… picture is from 2002. I look a lot different, right? :-) (I think it is the glasses…)

IL DL

After getting my license, I ran over to my “backyard neighbor,” IKEA, to get 99 cent Swedish Meatballs for lunch (gotta love a cheap meal) and while I was in there, the automatic emergency evacuation voice came on and told everyone to leave through emergency exits immediately. I had no idea what the muffled voice said, and no one around me eating did either. Some woman across from me said “I think they just told us to get out due to an emergency” and we all started to throw our food away and leave the store.

A store worker came over the loudspeaker then and told us the emergency system was malfunctioning so “stay, enjoy, shop!”.

Strange day. 

Fingers crossed that the movers make it here before 5. I really want to sleep well tonight. I am still hacking up a lung and blowing my nose every 15 minutes. I fell a bit better each day. but I know I would feel MUCH better getting a good night’s sleep.

TBO is currently curled up on the air mattress snoring. Oh, to be a cat.

I am off now to join the gym downstairs! I need a treadmill break!

PS: for all you Midwesterners—it is rainy and 60 today. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment