Friday, March 27, 2009

Wow, I have alot of stuff…

It is very interesting: when you pack stuff up yourself (as I have done many, many many times in my life) you look at each item and say “Do I really need this in my new house?”

For me, 9 times out of 10 the answer is a big ol’ NO. It is how I do spring cleaning. Out with the old, in with the new.

Having packers was a new experience for me. They packed EVERYTHING: tiny slivers of soap from the shower, empty shampoo bottles, tiny stubby pencils with no lead left in them, everything.

Stuff I would never pack in a million years.

They also use about 35 tons of paper in between and around all the items so nothing breaks. And when I say 35 tons, I mean 35 tons.

I started looking around my place yesterday, and WOW. I have soooo much. See…

100_3190

100_3196 100_3193

100_3197

(this is a picture of 3 of the 4 jars of peanut butter I found in the boxes. Either I reallllly like PB or I realllllly hate it.)

I promise, I will post pics when I get the place all spiffed up. It may be 2010 before that happens, but it will happen. :-)

TBO LOOOOOVES the boxes and being able to weave in and out of them. I think he was afraid of the emptiness – lord knows he never had emptiness when living with me in Chicago. :-)

My goal: and I need you all to keep me to it, is too do 3 boxes a night M-F and 8+ boxes a day on the weekends. I have to set a goal, I will never get anything done.

I will also be washing clothes for about 3 years if I don’t start washing them now.

I am home this morning (Friday) waiting for the Comcast installer to arrive. They were supposed to be here at 8, it is now 9:46am. Ahhhh, service time + Southern time. Gotta love it.

It will be nice to stop stealing my neighbors unsecured internet connection and have my own—I am always paranoid that they on purpose left their network open so they can steal my personal information.

TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment