Friday, March 27, 2009

On Time Zones…

image

So what genius decided to make TV later on the East Coast?? 

I hate that some of my favorite shows (Law and Order:SVU, Medium, ER,) now come on at 10pm, and the news doesn’t start until 11pm (not to mention The Daily Show with John Stewart and Colbert)!

I am tired people! I need my rest. I can’t stay up until 11pm just to find out what the weather is gonna do!

Obviously, I am having a hard time acclimating to my new TV schedule.

I can’t find my healthy double daily dose of the Simpsons. I can’t even FIND the FOX channel, for goodness sakes!

There is something called Peachtree TV, and I think it just plays reruns of Cheers all day. I like Cheers, just not 12 hours worth at a time.

For some reason, the news starts at 4 and keeps going uninterrupted until 7. What is with that? I like the news, I just don’t LOVE the news. 30 minutes is enough. How many ways can you tell the same news story?

I can’t seem to catch the network news. I can’t figure out what time it comes on.

TiVo is still not installed, so I can’t watch Unsolved Mysteries or American Justice whenever I want. And I can’t pause live TV though I try to. Aaaaaall the time.

My boyfriend, Tom Skilling, is still available and while I really want to watch him, I can not seem to get it in my head that the WGN News at 9 is ACUALLY at 10pm here. I have only caught a glimpse of him a few times this week. He did tell me CHI is gonna get some snow this weekend.

Anyway, I need to get back at it. I have posted a bunch today- I am felling a bit homesick. I know it will pass (someday) but I am glad I am able to get out my frustrations without putting them on one single person…

Tomorrow, I will tell the tale of finding my mailbox…. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment